Lancaster bed and breakfast Lancaster romantic getaway
the inn rooms directions reservations itineraries guestbook blog

Saturday, April 01, 2006

Mortified

At the B&B conference today, I went to "Picture Perfect: Visual Marketing" while Dawn went to "The Art of the Beautiful Plate" (not making that up) and she got out a little early, went over to exhibit hall, and told someone about our web site.

Now, someone that doesn't have deap-seated rejection issues would have welcomed constructive feedback on what is considered the most important marketing tool. I didn't. When I found Dawn, I dragged her away as quickly as possible, but it was too late. When we came back (after Dawn attended "Marketing in your Neighborhood" and I attended "Global Distribution Systems: Threats and Opportunities") Sharon came half-way across the convention floor to give me a page full of advice.

Now, I get lots of feedback on the web site (some of it even good) but it's always about the content, not about the internals. Nobody ever looks at the HTML source to see how it's built. I know there are problems with the web site (clearly indicated by its Google Page Rank of 0) but I haven't fixed it because...well, nobody (besides Google) looked at it. Until now.

So I will be up all night working on the web site, so tomorrow I can go into the exhibition hall with my head held high, even if my eyes are half-closed. And who knows, maybe my Page Rank will increase as a result. Does that mean I'll get more hits on "jacuzzi cottage pennsylvania"?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home