Lancaster bed and breakfast Lancaster romantic getaway
the inn rooms directions reservations itineraries guestbook blog

Wednesday, August 02, 2006

Jumping Rocks

It was a quiet day at the B&B. Sure, we had plenty to do, but we were 'between' guests and could take things at our own pace, so I was...uh...validating that our cable TV worked and the...uh...leather recliner was suitable for guest use, when Dawn wandered in and said, "Aren't the photographers coming tomorrow?"

I had completely forgotten! It was now 9pm, none of the beds were made, the bathrooms were dirty, and the place had devolved from our pristine grand opening into a mess of half-unpacked boxes and piles of "miscellany." I needed to organize the house and I needed to do it immediately. Instead, I went to bed.

Fortunately, they didn't come until two o'clock. The beds were just covered with quilts, there was a pile of boxes in the backyard, and the corner closets were stuffed with junk, but the place looked great for the photos.

In fact, it was a good thing I didn't clean everything, because the photographers moved everything around, stood in the showers, piled stuff in the sinks, made me set an entire table, poured six glasses of orange juice, and otherwise left chaos in their wake. That said, it was clear they had a flair for doing B&B photography, so we were quite satisfied, even after I spilled one of the glasses of orange juice down my shirt.

More importantly, though, I can't wait until we have some brochures and rack cards, so people know about us. Prior to the grand opening (and literally, just hours before the grand opening) all of my pictures had construction, destruction, or Dawn's grandmother in them. I only had three good photos, and the one on the web site and business cards was the back of the mansion. So I can't wait to have "real" photos.

The photographers even gave us a few tips: Buy fake rose petals (real ones stain sheets), put artwork in the guest rooms, and the fork goes on the left. (Hey, I didn't go to charm school, you know!)


Matt did not like my suggestion to climb a ladder and shoot the photo through the window.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home