Lancaster bed and breakfast Lancaster romantic getaway
the inn rooms directions reservations itineraries guestbook blog

Tuesday, September 19, 2006

The most disturbing thing I have to do

[Note: Children and people with weak stomachs should skip this post immediately.]

[I'm not kidding.]

As an innkeeper, I'm sure you can imagine some of the more unpleasant responsibilities I have, but this is by far the worst:

Yes, that's a rubber duck. A squeaking duck, I might add. Dawn picked these up at a conference show to put in the whirlpool baths; it seemed like a good idea at the time. What we didn't realize was that the squeaker would allow water to get in, and so before I clean the duck (in the dishwasher) I first have to squeeze the water out.

The squeaker is under the duck, and so when I squeeze it a stream of water shoots out from underneath. I have delicate sensibilities, and this offends every single one of them. I couldn't even bring myself to post a photo of the duck being ...uh ... dehydrated.

And there are three ducks.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm not eating off your dishes!

2:27 PM  
Blogger GH said...

The dishwasher has a 'sanitize' setting which heats the water to 180 degrees. That's why I wash the ducks (and the whirlpool jets) in the dishwasher. You're safe.

2:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home