Lancaster bed and breakfast Lancaster romantic getaway
the inn rooms directions reservations itineraries guestbook blog

Wednesday, September 06, 2006

Poem

I tried to write a poem, I don't know what inspired me.

History of Speedwell Forge
Beauty of Lancaster County
Comfort of the modern day
Elegance of an age gone by

I also wrote a haiku.

1760
Historic elegance in
Lancaster County

Don't worry, I'm a better innkeeper than I am a poet. (Of course, that's not saying much.) Anybody have a word that rhymes with "Forge" besides "gorge" and "george"? I can't figure out how to work either of those in.

I do have to say that it's been lovely here since the end of July. The temperature has been in the low to mid-80s, the humidity has been low, the bugs have been scarce, the breeze blows the leaves about, and the rain cleans everything up. I still miss L.A. -- or, more specifically, the ocean, my friends and co-workers, and my fish -- but it's peaceful here in a way that L.A. could never be. Or maybe I'm peaceful here in a way that I could never be in L.A. That is a little inspiring.


Snapped this photo of the 200-year-old sycamore trees on my way back from the Paymaster's Office today.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I came up with a few:

Scourge
Purge
Dirge
Urge
Large Barge
Gorge
Surge
Verge
Aargh!!!

They may not help though...

4:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You really ought
To see what we've wrought
Where once was a Forge
Is a B&B...by George!

(Okay, okay...I'm going, I'm going.)

9:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home